- Provide reference and reader’s advisory to patrons, through use of print and electronic resources
- Provide patron assistance and instruction in the use of library computers, catalog, electronic resources, digital downloads and Wi-Fi
- Participate in the selection of appropriate print and electronic resources for the Library, with a focus on reflecting the growing cultural diversity of the community
- Encourage and promote communication, collaboration and excellent customer service throughout the library
- Work positively and collaboratively with diverse audiences and colleagues to accomplish Library goals
- In cooperation with Adult Services team, present culturally relevant and thought-provoking programs to the community
- Supervise library environment to maintain safety and fair enforcement of library policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science (or equivalent) from ALA accredited university.
- Enthusiasm for serving the public
- Knowledge of and ability to apply collection development principles and techniques
- Ability to effectively plan and organize work
- Familiarity with electronic methods and resources to analyze collections
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Knowledge of automated library systems and equipment
- Knowledge of current publishing practices and consumer use
- Flexible schedule, with the ability to work some nights and weekends.
Salary range: $51,717 - $67,234 annually.
This position is currently at the Ewald Branch. Location of position could change at any time.
Grosse Pointe Public Library is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.