Posted April 2, 2020
Free curated resources from your Library
Stay connected and learning
With the GPPL closed due to COViD-19, your librarians have been hard at work creating videos, reading lists and other ideas to help you and your family learn and stay connected.
This is just a snapshot of what’s available. What have you found that you want to share? Let us know on our Facebook page.
E-books, Audiobooks, Movies, TV Shows and more
- 1,000 titles for immediate use that don’t count toward your monthly borrows – just search for hoopla bonus borrows. There are books, movies, music, fitness videos – something for kids, teens and adults.
- Read Along with hoopla – type in “read along” in the search bar at the top of the page for a long list of fun read along e-books and movies
- Bunny Planet by Rosemary Wells
- Pancakes for Breakfast by Tomie dePaola and Strega Nona is also on Bookflix
- Invisible Emmie by Terri Libenson
- Teen Titans: Raven by Kami Garcia, illustrated by Gabriel Picolo
- Truly Devious teen mystery series written by Maureen Johnson
- Unlimited access to entire Harry Potter series throughout April
- Helene Tursten’s, An Elderly Lady is Up to No Good
- The Friend by Sigrid Nunez
- Meet Me at the Museum by Anne Youngblood,
- Shot in Detroit by Patricia Abbott
- Claire Dewitt and the City of the Dead by Sara Gran
- The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
Movies, documentaries, Criterion Collection, Oscar winners and more
- The Bookshop movie
- Kanopy Kids – has movies, story times, TV series and more just for kids
Download and read hundreds of local, national and international magazines
Need homework help? The GPPL can help!
Students can be connected with expert tutors and other useful tools with just a click of a button, including ACT/SAT prep courses.
Check out Brainfuse’s HelpNow to receive assistance with one-on-one homework help, state-aligned skills building, and a 24-hour writing lab. There’s even a new feature MEET where students can invite their friends for online study sessions.
Links to a variety of resources
Virtual Book Group
Virtual Story Times
- Miss Rachel’s story time
- Miss Melissa’s story time
- Dan Gutman’s Facebook Live story times
- Jim Gill’s A Soup Opera story time
- Dolly Parton’s bedtime stories