Posted June 4, 2020
Curbside service starts June 10
The Library will begin offering curbside/parking lot pick-up of library materials Wednesday, June 10 from 10 a.m to 6 p.m. Here’s how it works:
Curbside Pick-up Begins June 10
Beginning Wednesday, June 10 the new, convenient Curbside/Parking Lot Pick-Up service will be available at all three branches Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- When you get a notice that you have materials ready for pick-up, go to your designated branch and call when you arrive in the parking lot.
- Central Branch call 313-343-2074
- Ewald Branch call 313-821-8830
- Woods Branch call 313-343-2072
- Staff will bring materials to your vehicle. No need to leave your vehicle or open your window. Just pop the trunk or rear hatch and a staff member will place a bag with your materials inside.
- Staff will maintain strict social distancing and will not accept returns. Returns must go into the outside book drops.
Book drops are open as of June 4 and available 24/7. Returns must go into the outside book drops. Book drops are located at all 3 branches as well as the GP Shores and GP Park municipal building parking lots.
NO OVERDUE FINES will be charged for materials checked out before the Library closed March 13.
Please search your home and bring everything back. There’s no need to rush back materials immediately, but please return everything within the next month.
Online hold service
Beginning Monday, June 8, you can search the Library catalog to place a hold on books, audiobooks, DVDs and CDs. This service is available to all Grosse Pointe residents with a valid library card. You will be notified when materials are ready to pick-up.
Please take a few minutes to review your current hold list and cancel titles you no longer want. This will help us provide you with the items you still want, as well as move titles to other waiting users.
The health and safety of our staff and our patrons is at the top of our list. We’re in the process of thoroughly cleaning all our buildings and will quarantine all returned materials for 72 hours before we put them back into circulation.
The last few months have been a challenge for all of us. We look forward to seeing you and ask for your patience and understanding as we resume service.FAQs