Book Discussion Kits
Available for check out
Kits contain 10 paperback copies of the book, background information on the author, book reviews and suggested questions to enhance your group discussion.
Note: Currently all book groups are meeting virtually via zoom or Facebook
Meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 2 pm
- September 8 -- The Library Book by Susan Orlean
- October 6 -- The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka
- November 3 -- The Overstory by Richard Powers
- December 1 -- Leadership in Turbulent Times by Doris Kearns Goodwin
Meets on the 4th Monday of the month at 1:30 pm
- September 28 -- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- October 26 -- Last Stories by William Trevor
- November 23 -- American Spy by Lauren Wilkinson
- December - No meeting
- January 25 - Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead by Olga Tokarczuk
- February 22 - Red at the Bone by Jacqueline Woodson
- March 22 - Lost Children Archive by Valeria Luiselli
- April 26 -- The Line Becomes a River by Francisco Cantu
- May 24 -- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead
- June 28 -- I Have the Answer by Kelly Fordon
Meets 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- September 8 -- Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- October 13 -- West with the Night by Beryl Markham
- November 10 -- Dangerous Liaisons by Choderlos de Laclos
- January 12 -- The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin
- February 9 -- Hedy's Folly: the Life and Breakthrough Inventions of Hedy LaMarr, the Most Beautiful Woman in the World by Richard Rhodes
- March 9 -- Everybody Was So Young: Gerald and Sara Murphy: a Lost Generation Love Story by Amanda Vaill
- April 13 -- Fun Home: a Family Tragicomic by Alison Bechdel
- May 11 -- Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns
Mystery Book Discussion
If you love mysteries and true crime, join us. Meets the 4th Tuesday, 7:00-8:00 p.m. Every other month.
- September 22 -- A Cast of Killers by Sidney Kirkpatrick
- November 24 -- The Spy Who Came in From the Cold by John Le Carre
- January 26 -- Girl Waits with Gun by Amy Stewart
- March 23 -- Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie
- May 25 -- Anne Perry and the Murder of the Century by Peter Graham
- July 27 -- Not a Sound by Heather Gudenkauf
Science Fiction Book Discussion Group
This bi-monthly group discusses current, contemporary and classical Science Fiction releases. Meets the second Wednesday at 7 p.m., every other month.
- October 14 -- Without Warning by John Birmingham
- December 9 -- The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal
- February 10 -- Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
- Apr 14 -- Robots of Gotham by Todd McAulty
In Cold Mug: Book Club@ThePub
We hope to be able to resume meeting at Howlers & Growlers when they reopen. If you’ve never joined a book club before, or if you’ve ever simultaneously read a book while enjoying a cold one and nachos, this is the discussion group for you.
Meets 4th Tuesdays, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- September 22 -- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- October 27 -- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead
- November 27 -- One Day: An Extraordinary Story of an Ordinary 24 Hours in America by Gene Weingarten
- January 26 -- Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut
- February 23 -- Flow by Mihaly Cskikszentmihalyi
- March 23 -- Leave the World Behind by Rumaan Alam
- April 27 -- Secret Lives of Church Ladies by Desha Philya
- May 25 -- Trust Exercise by Susan Choi
- June 22 -- Disability Visability Edited by Alice Wong
Non-Fiction Book Discussion Group
- January 21 -- Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport
- Feburary 18 -- When They Call You a Terrorist by Patrisse Khan-Cullors
- March 18 -- Say Nothing by Patrick Radden Keefe
Facebook Virtual Book Discussion
Meets once a month on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on Facebook. Visit this link to join the group
- September 29 -- Celestial Bodies by Jokha Alharthi
Thoughts to Action
Meets once a month on Thursday evening, 7 p.m. via Zoom. Click here for the book group page.
All book discussion events are free and open to the public, but registration is appreciated!
Tagged as: book club, book discussion, book kits,