Book Discussion Kits
Available for check out
Kits contain 10 paperback copies of the book, background information on the author, book reviews and suggested questions to enhance your group discussion.
Click here to access a description of each book in the book kits.
Meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 2 pm
2022-2023 Reading List
- September -- Favorite Summer Reads
- October -- The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro
- November -- The Last Painting of Sara DeVos by Dominic Smith
- December -- Thunderstruck by Erik Larsen
- January -- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman
- February -- Apeirogon by Colum McCann
- March -- Taste: My Life Through Food by Stanley Tucci
- April -- Harlem Shuffle by Colson Whitehead
- May -- The Sentence by Louise Erdrich
- June -- Oh William! by Elizabeth Strout
- Summer Read -- The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles
Meets on the 4th Monday of the month at 1:30 pm
- September 26 -- The Guncle by Steven Rowley
- October 24 -- Intimacies by Katie Kitamura
- November 28 -- Chevy in the Hole by Kelsey Ronan
- December - No meeting
- January 23 -- Thank You Mr. Nixon: Stories by Gish Jen
- February 27 - Beautiful Country by Julie Qian Wang
- March 27 - Matrix by Lauren Groff
- April 24 -- Hell of a Book by Jason Mott
- May 22 -- Wayward by Dana Spiotta
- June 26 -- Better Luck Next Time by Julia Claiborne Johnson
Meets 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- September 13 -- The Children's Blizzard by David Laskin
- October 11 -- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- November 8 -- Seabiscuit: a American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand
- January 10 -- Howard's End by E. M. Forster
- February 14 -- Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell
- March 14 -- Quartet in Autumn by Barbara Pym
- April 11 -- In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin by Erik Larson
- May 9 -- Mary Jane by Jessica Anya Blau
Mystery Book Discussion
If you love mysteries and true crime, join us. Meets the 4th Tuesday, 7:00-8:00 p.m. Every other month.
- November 22 -- August Snow by Stephen Mack Jones
- January 24 -- I'll be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara
- March 28 -- In the Woods by Tana French
- May 23 -- Strangers on a Train by Patricia Highsmith
- July 25 -- Thunderstruck by Erik Larson
- September 26 -- Strong Poison by Dorothy L. Sayers
In Cold Mug: Book Club@ThePub
If you’ve never joined a book club before, or if you’ve ever simultaneously read a book while enjoying a cold one and nachos, this is the discussion group for you.
Meets 4th Tuesdays, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- January 24 -- Dawn of Detroit by Tia Miles
- February 28 -- The Netanyahus by Joshua Cohen
- March 28 -- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
- April 25 -- All the Answers by Michael Kupperman
- May 30 -- Firekeeper's Daughter by Angeline Quiley
- June 27 -- The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith
Non-Fiction Book Discussion Group
Meets the 3rd Thursday of the month, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
2022-2023 Reading list:
- September 15 -- Soul of America by Jon Meacham
- October 20 -- Crying in H-Mart by Michelle Zauner
- November 17 -- Madhouse at the End of the World by Julian Sancton
- December -- No meeting
- January 19 -- Under a White Sky by Elizabeth Kolbert
- February 16 -- The Three Mothers by Anna Malaika Tubbs
- April 20 -- Think Again by Adam Grant
- May 18 -- Sea People by Christina Thompson
Science Fiction Book Discussion Group
This bi-monthly group discusses current, contemporary and classical Science Fiction releases. Meets the second Wednesday at 7 p.m., every other month.
- October 13 -- The Three-Body Problem by Cixin Liu
- December 8 -- Shards of Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold
- February 9 -- Recursion by Blake Crouch
- Apr 13 -- Foundation by Isaac Asimov
Shelf Indulgence Book Club (New Adult Romance)
Meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month, 7:00-9:00 p.m. at Cellar 313 in Grosse Pointe Park.
2023 Reading list:
- April -- Love on the Brain by Ali Hazelwood
- May -- Partners in Crime by Alisha Rai
- June --Honey Girl by Morgan Rogers
- July -- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
- August -- The Proposal by Jasmine Gullory
Thoughts to Action
Meets once a month via Zoom. Click here for the book group page.
All book discussion events are free and open to the public, but registration is appreciated!
Tagged as: book club, book discussion, book kits,