Get an online card today
10 totally free things you can do with your GPPL card
- Borrow an e-Book – With Overdrive you can download up to 10 books at a time.
- Learn a language – Mango languages has more than 70 languages.
- Get professional research help – Librarians are trained researchers. They’re like Google on steroids...
- Gain a career skill – lynda.com has online training.
- Stream a movie – You can instantly borrow digital movies 24/7 with hoopla and kanopy.
- Flip through a magazine –Browse our magazines. Or access a digital magazine from RBDigital.
- Check out a telescope – There’s one at each branch.
- Find out about your family’s ancestry – Come into the Library to access ancestry.com
- Borrow tools from the Library – The Central Branch has more than 100 tools you can borrow.
- Take ACT and SAT prep classes – BrainFuse has college entrance prep tests.
As a Grosse Pointe or Harper Woods resident or student at one of the Grosse Pointe public or private schools, you are entitled to a free library card. GPPSS Students receive their cards at their school library.
Register for an online card:
- Fill out this brief form to receive your temporary access code
- Your online access code is valid for 30 days
- With your code you can place holds on library materials, borrow eBooks, music and movies and use our online resources
- Click here to complete the online form
GET AN ONLINE CARD TODAY
Get a full-service card:
- Adults should bring valid Michigan Driver’s License or State Identification card to any library branch.
- The staff at the circulation desk will issue you a card.
- Non-residents working in Grosse Pointe Public Library District with proof of at least 20 hours per week employment are eligible for a library card at no cost.
- Non-residents who reside in a TLN community or in a MI Library Card community, are eligible for a library card at no cost.
- Non-residents may purchase a library card that includes computer and borrowing privileges for $200.00/year.
- Non-residents may use library materials in-house or use the computer for one hour/day at no charge with a valid photo ID.
Renew/replace a card:
- Library cards expire 3 years after their initial issue date. You must bring your valid Michigan Driver’s License or State Identification card to the circulation desk of any branch to renew your card.
- The replacement fee for lost cards is $1.00.
Library Value Calculator:
- How much money have you saved this year by using library services? Or how much are you currently paying out-of-pocket when you don't use the library? Use this calculator to get an estimate.
Tagged as: library card, card, online card