How To Get A Card
As a Grosse Pointe or Harper Woods resident or student at one of the Grosse Pointe public or private schools, you are entitled to a free library card. GPPSS Students receive their cards at their school library.
Get a new card:
- Adults should bring valid Michigan Driver’s License or State Identification card to any library branch.
- The staff at the circulation desk will issue you a card.
- Non-residents working in Grosse Pointe Public Library District with proof of at least 20 hours per week employment are eligible for a library card at no cost.
- Non-residents who reside in a TLN community or in a MI Library Card community, are eligible for a library card at no cost.
- Non-residents may purchase a library card that includes computer and borrowing privileges for $200.00/year.
- Non-residents may use library materials in-house or use the computer for one hour/day at no charge with a valid photo ID.
Renew/replace a card:
- Library cards expire 3 years after their initial issue date. You must bring your valid Michigan Driver’s License or State Identification card to the circulation desk of any branch to renew your card.
- The replacement fee for lost cards is $1.00.
Library Value Calculator:
- How much money have you saved this year by using library services? Or how much are you currently paying out-of-pocket when you don't use the library? Use this calculator to get an estimate.