The Grosse Pointe Public Library (GPPL) would like to support local literary and creative efforts by giving local authors and artists the opportunity to include their works in the library’s collection. For the purpose of these guidelines, “local” refers to the tri-county area of Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties.
- The item(s) must meet the basic criteria in the Grosse Pointe Public Library Materials Selection Policy.
- Adult and youth books will be considered.
- Some works, especially works of non-fiction, may not be considered without accompanying professional reviews.
- The GPPL can only accept physical copies (books, CDs or DVDs). We currently are not equipped to accept digital books, music or films.
- At least one copy of the work must be donated to the GPPL.
- Items will be identified with a special “local” sticker and interfiled in the appropriate collection.
- Review copies become the property of GPPL. Materials not selected for the collection will be donated to the Friends of GPPL book sale.
- Materials that have low circulation may be withdrawn from the collection according to the library’s materials withdrawal/deselection policy.
- On occasion, the GPPL may promote the book of a local author or artist through a program or display. To be considered for these activities, please check the appropriate box on the Local Authors and Artists Materials Donation Form, and you will be contacted if a suitable opportunity develops.
- Due to the volume of interest in book signings, the GPPL is unable to sponsor programs for all authors and artists.
- To submit work, please complete the Local Author and Artists Materials Donation Form and submit it, along with a copy of your book, CD or DVD, to any GPPL branch or mail it to: Central Library Administration, 10 Kercheval Avenue, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236.
Send Submissions to
10 Kercheval Ave
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236
clock Closed now