GPPL Meeting Room Policy
Library meeting rooms are available for events that are educational, cultural, or civic in nature. The meeting rooms are not available for private events (i.e. parties and weddings), or for events that charge admission or sell products/services. Groups must meet the following criteria to reserve space at the Library:
- The person reserving the meeting room must be a Grosse Pointe Public Library cardholder.
- Only non-profit organizations may reserve the meeting rooms.
- 75% of meeting participants must be residents of the Grosse Pointe Public Library service area.
- At least one adult must be present for every 6 participants under the age of 14.
- Meetings can be booked no more than once a month for the same group.
- No food is permitted in the meeting rooms
- All public education/entertainment booking inquiries will be referred to Library’s Programming Committee.
The library reserves the right to cancel a room reservation when normal library activities make it necessary to use the requested space.
- Library meeting rooms are available Monday through Thursday from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm. and on Friday and Saturday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. The rooms are not available on Sundays.
- Meeting rooms may be reserved for up to two hours at a time.
- Due to staffing limitations, technology support may not be available during a group’s meeting. Arrangements may be made in advance to receive training on the Library’s equipment.
Inquiries regarding room reservations should be made to library administration 313.343.2325. Reservation requests must be submitted at least one week before the date of the meeting by completing the brief form on the library website. Room reservations will be accepted no more than three months in advance. The fact that a group was able to book a room to meet at the Grosse Pointe Public Library does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group's policies or beliefs.
The Library's name may not be used for any purposes other than to indicate location of the program.
No materials or decorations may be attached to door or walls.
If you are a presenter or performer and would like to be considered for an event at GPPL, please fill out our Program Proposal Form.
All users of the library's facilities agree to comply with all applicable laws and local ordinances.
Users must comply with the Library’s Code of Conduct at all times.
The use of alcoholic beverages, controlled substances, and smoking is prohibited at the Grosse Pointe Public Libraries.
Only beverages in covered containers are permitted in the meeting rooms. Groups are not permitted to bring food into the meeting rooms.
The registering of participants for a program will be the responsibility of the sponsoring group, not of the library.
If special cleaning of the facility is needed, the group will be charged a minimum of $50.00
Meeting room users are expected to collect, contain, and dispose of litter and debris accumulated as a result of their activity. Each group will be responsible for any damage to the building or its contents.
Excessive noise or disturbances will not be tolerated.
The library prohibits sale of merchandise for non-library purposes on library property.
Tagged as: meeting room, room, reserve,