Need help with your laptop, iPad, Kindle, smartphone or other device? The Grosse Pointe Public Library now offers computer and other personal electronic device assistance to all Library card holders. You can schedule a free, one-on-one session for a maximum of 60 minutes. Sessions will be personalized so you can learn at your own pace or focus on a certain task.
What does this cover?
- Downloading library eBooks, audiobooks, music, and magazines to your e-reader, tablet, smartphone or laptop
- Navigating databases and other library resources such as Reference USA, Ancestry.com, lynda.com, etc.
- Training in our Library Apps such as Hoopla, RBdigital and Mango
- Organizing files, photos, music
- Using a USB flash drive to save personal files
Things to remember
- Appointments are available based on library staff availability; patrons may book sessions one at a time and are able to have up to one session a week.
- We make every effort to fulfill appointment requests as soon as possible, but during peak periods there can be a wait of 1-2 weeks.
- Library staff members are unable to troubleshoot hardware and/or software problems, or repair devices. The library is not liable for any damage to customer equipment that may occur during a help session.
- Library staff may not be able to provide assistance for all device types, programs and problems.
- Library staff cannot give professional tax, legal, financial or health care advice.
- Patrons can use their own equipment during a One-on-One session; however, Techs may not be able to provide assistance for non-standard software.
- Please let the instructor know in advance that you wish to use a library computer for instruction (Library computers run on the Windows 7 operating system).
Tagged as: tech, technology, help